Last night, two more puppies break with Parvo. I got home late because my group had surgery lab that day and I stayed up at the school so I could take care of the dog without giving her Parvo too.
I get home, let the dogs in, and immediately the littlest one throws up three times in a row and then lies down and starts shaking. I call Amy, I call Dr. Westbrook and get my options. I go back to the vet school and get fluids and give the little one and another that was looking puny subcutaneous fluids.
In the morning, they were both looking perkier. I gave everyone Tamiflu, food, and water and repeated the subq fluids on the two puny ones. Lets hope for the best!
Food animal lab- we cut into a living cow's abdomen and felt around in there. The cows were later euthanized. It was pretty cool! I got to cut through the external and internal abdominal obliques, the transversus abdominus, and the peritoneum! I also got to suture them back together later.
Wal-Mart raid looking for anti-parvo supplies (bleach, mostly) in my bloody coveralls
Jeremy cleaned my diarrhea kitchen for me :)
Setting up a large tent over my patio
missing LOST in order to find the Tamiflu hidden by the dumpster (it was like a drug pick-up)
No comments:
Post a Comment