Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday, Feb 5th- Sunday Feb 8th

10 month anniversary! I attacked Jeremy's car with streamers and heart decals at 4am this morning
The fourth puppy throws up, making it 5 for 5 that have clinical signs of parvo
Got up at 4am, took care of surgery dog, pranked Jeremy's car, gave subq fluids and Tamiflu to puppies, emailed fosters about send-off this Saturday, washed dog bedding in bleach, washed my own clothes, rearranged living room, and washed dishes
Retrieved Byson from the Columbus shelter today
RUF
Brett's not looking so good...

Friday
Blood and mucus all over the back of my patio in the morning
Don't get to school till 10 because of puppy worries
In vet school, parvo puppy is the magic excuse to get out of anything
Go home at 3 to check on the puppies. I open the door to the patio and everyone runs to me, but Brett. I look in the kennel and there he is. Dead. I'm moderately calm, but as I call Jeremy to help me dig a hole I start becoming emotional. I don't wait for Jeremy to leave work but go ahead and maneuver Brett into a trash bag. He is stiff and cold; he probably died soon after I left. I'm just starting on the hole when Jeremy arrives. He finishes digging the shallow grave, and that was the end of it.
I'm weepy for the rest of the day

Saturday
Now Bessie isn't looking so good. Meg Sutton talks to me over facebook and offers me free antibiotics and other meds for Bessie. Make a trip over to Columbus later that day to retrieve them.
StudyStudyStudy

Sunday
Sleep in because I was up till 4 the previous night
Bessie's better!
Church
Picnic at church with wiffleball and Dewey and Missy
studystudystudy
Go to Kendra's to check on her foster dog, Sam, who has been vomiting. I give him a shot of Cerenia left over from the puppies and make an appt for him to come into the vet school in the morning

No comments: