Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This is the day that we thought we would never see...







I'M ENGAGED! WHOA! Sorry they're blurry. The camera is uncooperative.
Story is:
I told Jeremy I would meet him at my apartment for lunch at noon. I get here at noon and he's already here and there' a big vase of roses in my living room with a sweet not that reads, "Je t'aime plus que heir nons que demain." which means, I love you more than yesterday but less than tomorrow. It's one of our things.
He then gives me a candy heart that says "Marry me" on it. I had given him this same heart as a joke a few days ago, and so I laugh and eat it, and carry on looking at the roses.
"Joy, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Jeremy says
"Oh, I know!" I reply, chewing on my candy heart.
Jeremy begins to fumble in his pocket and realization dawns on my face.
"Oh no you don't!" I say
"Don't what?"
"This is a set-up for a fake proposal! I know you don't have a ring! No, I don't believe you! Get off the floor, c'mon!"
Jeremy was on one knee by this time, with a shiny box in his hand.
"Joy, will you marry me?"
and the rest is obvious :)



3 comments:

kf.ruhamah said...

Perfect! Congratulations to you both.

Anonymous said...

Yes. Yes. Yes.

mfranks said...

tell me when you all set a date.