Monday, January 7, 2013

1/7/2013



I'm working a lot.
It feels like 6 days a week, with the one day off thrown in there just to mess up my stride. But I'm really liking the job! Working at the shelter has given me a deep and vast appreciation for the simple things. Like walls without holes, roofs without drips, doors with functional door knobs, and non-tilted floors. My spay skills are considered immensely impressive, which tickles me to no end.
The shelter also cultivated in me an understanding of owners who do not have $$$$$ to spend on their wee doggie. I'm frankly thrilled that they're paying a $50 office fee to get my opinion at all!



Jeremy appears to enjoy his job, but I know little else other than that. He's been going to crossfit to get in shape and I've been trying to run on my lunch break so we can be all fit and stuff.
Our hot water heater recently broke and then was fixed and now our washer is on the fritz. Fortunately, we do not have to pay for either of these things.
Sometimes we go out to the mall that is just down the road and marvel at all the stores while the storespeople tell us how boring it is in Columbia and how they wish they were in New York.

We are almost done furnishing the townhouse. We got an amazing deal on some ikea furniture a few weeks ago, and then I found a sweet birch forest tapestry on ebay. I might get a different one for our room, since I'm not digging the yellow color too much.

I thought I had lost my jewelry in the move, but the other day I was digging through some things and lo and behold! There was my jewelry. None of it is expensive, or even real, but there was sentimental value there and I'm glad I don't have to start my jewelry collection from scratch.

Once I get the battery for my camera remote maybe I can start getting some family portraits. I was envisioning getting one in the snow for our grandmothers, with Toki wearing a little sweater, but then Toki chewed the sweater to pieces. So maybe a picture minus the sweater