Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sunday Feb 28th- Wednesday March 3rd

Sunday Feb 28th
Another sleepy Sunday
Successfully used the crockpot to make a tasty stew-like substance
Jeremy studied for his test, while I slept
----------------------------
Monday March 1st
I like radiology soooooo much more than lab services! I think I'm the only one that does though...I'm even reading my radiology book- ha!
Rachel brought chocolate mini-cupcakes- sweet Rachel!
Amanda and I reminisce about mono
Had to retake and retake films of this poor, gross dog until we got it just right
Chinchilla!
Got home and took a nap with Jeremy till 8pm...why are we so sleepy?
Max goes to live with Carrie (bye Max! I love you, I'll miss you! I hope you're happier there! If you're not, you can always come back once the kitten is gone)
Arranged for places to stay while in Madison, DC, and Virginia! So far I have 10 weeks of externships

Gabourey Sidibe (the girl who played Precious in the movie Precious):"I learned to love myself, because I sleep with myself every night and I wake up with myself every morning, and if I don't like myself, there's no reason to even live the life."
I should take that quote to heart
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday
Boring day. We did have a potentially flamboyant clinician really ream our interpretations of radiographs to "build our confidence". And he was very entertaining
For example: Flamboyant Clinician: What do you see on this radiograph?
Me: ummm.....I see some thickening of the the cortex of the tuber calcani....some osteophytes on the distal metaphysis of the tibia....and some signs of osteoarthritis on the tibio-tarsal joint.
FB: Uh-huh. Is that all you see?
Me: ummm....yeah?
FB: Ok. Well, do you you see the intertarsal joints? Hmm? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? NO. You Don't. Because they're not there. This dog's intertarsal joints are COMPLETELY ankylosed. THAT is what I wanted you to see. And, no. The calcaneous is not thickened. That is completely normal..............Everyone feeling good? Everyone getting this? This is to build your confidence guys *chuckles*. C'mon guys! Give me some confidence!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 3, 2010
We are forgotten in the rounds room for 30 minutes

No comments: