Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April

April was a crazy month. For the end of March, I ended up working two weekends solo (my first time by myself) back to back with minimum time off and some intense interpersonal work problems arising, in addition to having some cases turn out very, very badly. I ended up requesting a transfer to Germantown from the higher-ups during a night of insomnia. So beginning now, I am full-time at Germantown. I am sad about leaving Gaithersburg, but I think it is for the best.
Germantown is a better fit for me, as I enjoy seeing a lot of rooms quickly and Germantown is the highest volume clinic in the region. The day goes by a lot faster if I'm popping in and out of rooms.

The higher-ups are anxious to keep me in their region as I'm easy to work with and do well with clients and I can do 5 minute spays, which is something no one else can do. All that time working at the shelter paid off.

Jeremy and I bought a grill. I don't know how we got along without it! Everything grilled is just so tasty and healthy! Grilled brussel sprouts are surprisingly good.

Smores on the grill



Jeremy's had Evan and some of Evan's bros over a few times to play Dungeons and Dragons. I supply shish-kabobs and smores and get to act as the random-chance-generator. 


The tree in front of our house bloomed


Toki has been enjoying the warmer weather. He's been chasing Canadian Geese, cranes, and snapping turtles in our creek.

                                                    Here he is boldly walking across the tree bridge

                                              Mom and Dad came into DC for a few days for a conference. We went to the zoo and tried on animal masks

                                          I cut a hedgehog's nails

Everything is so green now!