Events of the last three months:
I've bought some cool things, like a leather chair from Hudsons (aka Dirt Cheap but it sounds classier to say Hudsons) and some surgeon's caps that are rather pretty.
Had a horse colic on my first week on call. The horse, Blue Chip, had a two-foot section of strangulated small intestine. After a five hour surgery, Dr. Linford had successfully anastomosed and resected his intestines. I've really gotten to know my co-workers here in surgery and I like them both immensely. I've seen many a surgery, which I'm hoping will pay off in the coming semesters. I can't put any pictures of them on my blog, though. Sorry. But here's a picture of me to console you!
Busted my knee on the railroad tracks. Had to get stitches too. Fell on the tracks again last Monday, the 21st. I'm not running there again.
This is from the Tullos-Meints wedding in mid-May. From left to right we have Jeremy's dad Will, Josie Lewis, Evan Lundy, Me (duh), Jeremy, and James Lewis.
Had two foster dogs come to live with me, Mooney and Oscar. Didn't care for Mooney, but Oscar (a gorgeous male yellow lab) was fantastic. I lost him a total of three times but the humane society and my neighbors brought him back.
Christy and her family (namely, the twins Mary Frances and Donny Jr. came to visit Mom and Dad)
This one guy keeps showing up at my apartment...
...but he cooks a mean Hamburger Helper so I don't mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment