Monday, June 9, 2008

July 27th - August 4th


Sunday

Almost stepped on a snake while running (a garter snake)
Church
Lunch with Jeremy's posse at Mugshots
Awkwardly dressed women on Sportscenter, of all places
The most incredible dumpster diving experience EVER! I fished out a pair of Seven jeans (~$200 retail!), pants from Hollister, Nike Shox (~$100), towels to use for dogs, and a entire trash bag full of Frontline, Heartgard, and other pet meds! This girl and I wore the same sizes as well, in shoes and clothes! While I was practically falling into the dumpster looking for things, Jeremy kept watch and told me when a car was coming so that maybe I could pretend not to be dumpster diving and save my dignity. A big storm rolled through just after I gave up on finding any other goodies.
Finished cleaning my room

Monday
Ran for 51 min in my new Nike Shox shoes. It was pretty sweet
Played You Don't Know Jack before work
Hit-by-car pelvic fracture
Spay
Homeward Bound meeting

Helped Jeremy move a bit

Tuesday

Ran for 62 minutes. But in regular shoes

Busy day at work! Bilateral tibial tuberosity transpostion, Femoral head osteotomy, OHE, and right rear limb amputation. Plus a horse with it's left eyeball melting off.

Did some more dumpster diving and dug up some dog blankets

Homeward bound foster swap! It rained, as always, and there was a problem with one of the dogs. My two dogs, Sugar and Trippz are fabulous! I love them already. Wonderfully house trained, sweet, and beautiful. Trippz has had a hard life; he has bilateral neck wounds, has dirt ground into his skin, and is too thin. After a bath and some affection he seemed better. The other dog, Sugar, is aptly named. Sweet, obedient, submissive, and calm. These fosters will work out well.

Trippz

Sugar


Did yet more dumpster scavenging and found a perfectly function TV! I now have two TVs.

Wednesday

Whatever illness Jeremy has is seeping into me as well. My throat is sore and my tonsils are slightly swollen.

My gate is officially broken. I put the dogs outside for 1.5 hours this morning and when I checked on them they gate was open! They were just outside the gate and came running back in, thankfully. I tied the gate tightly shut with a leash.

Cunean tendon resection, Splint bone removal, mucocele excision, OHE, and laparoscopic liver biopsy.

Despite the gate being tied with a leash, Sugar wiggles through an opening too small for her head, let alone her body, and escapes. I lose yet another dog because of faulty patio gates and a lack of crates.

In yet another twist, Kylee found Sugar by the bank and brought her to the vet school. Kylee happens by me in the hallway and starts talking about this yellow lab stray she found. Very quickly, we figure things out.

Because another foster is having "trouble" with her dog Regina, Amy asks if I would trade Sugar for Regina. Tomorrow I will be losing escape artist Sugar for Regina.

Regina


The rest of the day is spent helping Jeremy move.

Thursday
Too much empathy
barking contests

It's intriguing how the vet school clinics are like the high school social scene. Here in surgery, we are one of the cool kids. We're interesting, athletic, ambitious, and used to getting our way. Call us the class president. Primary care is another cool kid, likable, easy-going. Maybe the class clown who is sometimes (often) late. Equine is the school bully and farm animal is the gentle speaking country boy. Lab services is the weird kid who likes poking gross things with sticks. Anesthesia is the class nerd. Radiology is a lazier nerd. We all like to pick at each other, although anesthesia takes the brunt of it.

Wal-Mart
Visiting the dog park for the first time
Sweet Kylee brings me a dog crate

Friday
Dog park
TPLO
left early
the sickness

Saturday
Slept through my alarm, missing prayer walk
Dogs, dogs, dogs
Called in for an emergency conjunctival flap
Cosmo

Sunday
Dog park
Church
Mexico Tipico
Dogs



1 comment:

Roberdeau said...

from your post, i had to adjust in my interpretation approach..
for example:
I assumed:
-( I )Ran for 51 min in my new Nike Shox shoes. It was pretty sweet
-(I) Played You Don't Know Jack before work

-(I got) Hit-by-car pelvic fracture

-(I got) Spay(ed)
-(I went to a )Homeward Bound meeting

I got worried about you when you mentioned that you fractured your pelvis.. I soon realized my mistake and readjusted my interpretation approach. Soon after the pelvic fraction, I realized you weren't talking about yourself. haha