Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Feb 11-16


"Baby-mama drama"
I am no urban dancer
Vet school interviewees wandering through the lab
My room smells like cats
The Yellow fever vaccine burns like all get out
Spring break is in 21 days!!
Long walks
My car spontaneously decides not to start
Single Awareness Day (or SAD)
Dr. Skip Jack madness
It snowed!
"But...how can it NOT be a project?"
Ice cream social
Weird howling at South Farm
People handing out candy at school like we used to do in fifth grade
Danielle and her peduncles joke
Mike: "So, an eyelid is an eyelid, right?"
Mike: "I think I damaged my glossopharyngeal nerve because sometimes, you know, you're just flopping your tongue around like....you know?"
93 on the Epidemiology test despite not studying near enough
Maybe it will blow over after all
Tests #6 and #7 on Monday and Tuesday!
Studying anatomy and pathology all weekend
Missing the rodeo
Sleeping in till 11, because the neighbors were blasting Ingrid Michaelson through the walls at 2am

me: "So...the thyrohoideus goes from the thyroid cartilage to the basihyoid?"
them: "The thyrohyoid"
me: "I know, the thyrohoideus, but does it attach to the basihyoid?"
them: "NO. It attaches to the thyrohyoid"
me: "YEAH, I KNOW WHAT IT IS, but does it attach to the BASIHYOID?!?"
them: "NO, IT ATTACHES TO THE THYROHYOID!"
me: "What?"

Me: "This is the dorsal frontal sinus?"
Dr. Bailey: "No, this is the dorsal portion of the frontal conchofrontal sinus and this is the rostral conchofrontal sinus directly rostral to it and here is the nasomaxillary aperture that allows the conchofrontal sinuses to communicate with the caudal maxillary sinus."
Me: "Okay....so....This is the frontal conchal sinus and this the rostral frontochochal sinus?"
Dr. B: "No, it's the frontal conchofrontal sinus and the rostral conchofrontal sinus."
Me: "......One more time, this is the frontal conchodorsal sinus?"
Dr. B: "Just sit down, Joy."

2 comments:

Roberdeau said...

... the life of a vet student... I'm not jealous.
your car wouldn't start? did you figure it out?
sorry you missed the rodeo, studying?
Sunday School tomorrow?! ... you know, I got asked to speak at the missions conference about Lagniappe. Apparently it is going to be a 40 minute or so 'presentation'. it kinda makes me nervous even thinking about it, ... excited too though
cya (tomorrow?)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.