Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Conversations with Darlene

*Today I had a puppy named Silver in the treatment room with me. Silver was very scared and hiding under the table*
Darlene: Joy, what is that dog doin' there under that table?
Me: Well, she's just really scared because she's never been alone before. She's always had her two sisters with her but they got adopted this weekend and she didn't. And now she's all alone and she doesn't know how to handle it.
D: Heeyyyy, Silver. Silver, let me tell you somethin'. You can be, in a room full of people. And feel completely alone. You know what I'm talkin' about Silver? Yeah, you do. Yeah, you do. And you can have, family out the ying-yang and still be lonely. Yep, yep that's the truth there, Silver. That's the truth! You can believe that Darlene would tell you the truth. Silver you justs got to be happy and then, and then you won't be alone anymore, Silver. Yep. Well, ole Darlene's got to go now, I'll be gettin' off my, my pedestal of wisdom here now, hehehehehehe!