Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In the last 2.5 weeks of board study I have:
Beat Diablo II
Finished the Avatar: The Last Airbender Series (it was really good for a kid's show!)
Worked through 1/3 of ZukuReview
Made a heavy strike against the thank-you notes (Thanks Mom! I know you didn't want to help me address them, but you kept from making some embarrassing mistakes and I'm all for avoiding embarrassment when possible!)
Looted copious amounts of make-up from Dirt Cheap (I'm a classy lady!)

Now follows many pictures of my makeup coup:

A note about makeup and I: I'm not obsessed with makeup. My philosophy is that if someone can tell you've slathered on the makeup, then you've failed. In my teens, this philosophy was much more stringent and in keeping with my Spartan ways at the time, meaning makeup was frothy weakness. My hobbies weren't makeup conducive either- being playing in the mud with horsies or running for hours.


My Mom wasn't concerned with makeup either (being naturally radiant and beautiful) so my life was free of such mortal concerns until Olivia pounced upon 15 year old Joy and declared, "WE'RE GOING SHOPPING!"


I was coerced into buying Express jeans (my first pair), an Express shirt, and basic Clinique makeup. In all I spent $120 and was thoroughly horrified at such and expense. I wore it all to school the next day and felt silly.


I didn't wear makeup until my freshman year of vet school. After all, what's the point of wearing makeup if you're just going to sweat it off during morning and afternoon practices!


What I'm saying is I'm playing major catch-up in the makeup field. I was practically a cavewoman (a swift, eloquent cavewoman) until my 22nd year.
And at 10 cents a pop, I'm LOSING money by not buying this stuff! I MAY never use it all, but c'mon! I spent maybe a total of $10 on all of this and any one of these items would cost $10 each in Wal-Mart.

The defense rests.

And I got some nail polish too. I used to have a massive collection of nail polish (for "luck" on race days. Had to find the lucky nail polish color (silver worked pretty well)). But they all dried up or were weird colors. Thus, the new ones.

On my Nashville externship, one of the docs recommended The 5-Minute Veterinary Consult line of books above any other for reference in practice. I found one on eBay for $20. Had to have it.


And yeah, it's awesome. Nearly everything I need to know in practice is in here. I wish they had just told us to buy this book and memorize it 2nd year instead of bothering with all those lectures.



Collie Eye Anomaly- cool stuff


It even has spider bites!






I sent off 100 thank-you notes yesterday. This is all I have left!


And this is Ninja- the best cat I've ever had